Photo by Russell MacMasters
Steve Wynn and nightlife impresario Sean Christie set a new standard for the Las Vegas pool scene when they unveiled Encore Beach Club last season. Presenting a luxurious venue and an upscale, adult-only pool atmosphere reminiscent of European hot spots, the Strip’s premier daytime destination heats up again on Saturday, April 16.
A sublime setting for the ultimate pool parties, Encore Beach Club will present the following weekly signature events:
• SUNDAYS – “Encore Beach-Play in International Waters.” Christie, who opened and operates Blush Boutique Nightclub at Wynn and Society Café at Encore, has created an entertainment platform that showcases chart-topping, world-renowned electronic music artists such as Kaskade (who makes his highly-anticipated return on May 1), Afrojack, Calvin Harris (debuting Easter, April 23) and many more, who will take turns spinning cutting-edge mixes of electronic dance music, hip-hop and rock
• MONDAYS – “Industry Beach” caters to the hardworking and fun loving Las Vegas service industry crowd looking to let loose and unwind in style
• THURSDAYS – “EBC at Night: Dip and Dance” is a weekly nighttime pool party, commencing on Cinco de Mayo (May 5), when revelers can enjoy the pool under the moonlight.
• FRIDAYS – “Recess Fridays” is a weekly series of original themed party promotions.
• SATURDAYS – Live performances by headlining DJs and pop culture events.
At 60,000 square feet, Encore Beach Club is part of the expansive entertainment complex that includes Surrender Nightclub, blending the daytime beach party and sexy nightclub into an experience that transitions guests from day to night.
Upon entering Encore Beach Club, guests are treated to an opulent oasis featuring 40-foot palm trees surrounding three tiered pools. The deck offers ample seating provided by chaise lounges, couches and day beds featuring private safes. Guests preferring a cooler spot can choose to lounge on oversized lily pads resting in shallow water or dance under one of the shower poles. Encore Beach Club’s gaming pavilion beckons those looking to try their luck at blackjack or craps.
A more private Encore Beach Club experience can be had at one of the 26 cabanas outfitted with refrigerators and flat screen televisions. The exclusivity and opulence of the eight bungalows spanning 350 square feet have set Encore Beach Club apart from its predecessors. Offering views of the Las Vegas Strip and of the pool itself, these VIP enclaves feature private dipping pools, showers, lavish furnishings and a temperature-controlled cooling and heating system set to each guest’s preferences.
John Lyons Systems, the award-winning lighting and sound firm, has developed a showcase DJ booth and audio system designed to withstand outdoor elements while delivering exceptionally rich, clear sound. Guests are dazzled by the eclectic décor, expansive bar and glass DJ booth featuring technology that can provide individual soundtracks for the nightclub, Encore Beach Club or an all-encompassing vibe for the entire venue. Through the use of innovative lighting technology from Lyons, the various architectural elements are illuminated, creating a striking, animated effect.
Encore Beach Club also features its own grill available to all patrons, while cabana and bungalow guests can indulge in flavorful and imaginative fare from Society Café’s celebrated chef, Kim Canteenwalla.
Hours of operation
Encore Beach Club: Monday and Friday, noon – 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursdays, 10 p.m. – closing
Surrender Nightclub: Wednesday through Saturday, 10 p.m. – closing