Chef, author and television personality Giada De Laurentiis is set to open her very first restaurant at The Cromwell, the first standalone boutique resort on the Las Vegas Strip, and is sparing no detail. From the food to the dishware to the view, every item in GIADA’s has been carefully curated to bring to life the De Laurentiis spirit, vision and passion.
Located on the second floor of The Cromwell, overlooking one of the busiest intersections in Las Vegas, GIADA is one of the most highly anticipated openings of 2014. With the space’s incomparable views, De Laurentiis felt it was imperative to make sure the interior was just as dynamic as the breathtaking scenery. Incorporating elements from her travels around the world and hand-selecting each item; there was no detail too small to be considered. De Laurentiis along with husband Todd Thompson worked closely with Studio Collective agency located in Los Angeles for the overall design of the restaurant.
- Breathtaking Views- With more than 20 million visitors crossing the intersection of Flamingo and Las Vegas Blvd., guests at GIADA will have a front-row view of one of the most exciting and dynamic areas in the world. The terrace will showcase priceless views of the Bellagio fountains, Caesars Palace and Bally’s Las Vegas through seven custom 12’ X 10’ remote-controlled hydraulic windows wrapping around the perimeter of the restaurant, allowing for a uniquely al fresco dining experience.
- Hand-selected by Giada – GIADA is completely inspired by De Laurentiis’ personality and style, with its modern, yet sleek design featuring clean lines and pops of color. She has been involved in every design selection made for the restaurant, and has even gone as far as to test every chair in the restaurant. “I need to know how narrow, how wide, how sturdy they are. If I don’t sit in each chair, how am I going to know?” Featured art work includes favorites from De Laurentiis’ personal collection. De Laurentiis has even included design elements such as Italian tile she has encountered throughout her worldly travels.
- Unique Kitchen Elements- The first feature guests experience and smell as they enter the bar/lounge space is a custom antipasti bar which encompasses separate pizza and bread ovens and a pasta stand where chefs will be rolling homemade pasta. The antipasti bar itself consists of a hammered brass bar face and a Carrara gold marble countertop, with floating glass display shelves supported with complementary brass fittings from the vaulted ceiling overhead. On the back wall of this area are hand selected book-matched marble slabs which create the perfect backdrop. In addition to the showcase kitchen, there are cut-outs in the back bar liquor display which provide additional views into the kitchen, allowing patrons to catch a glimpse of the chefs hard at work.
- Rose Gold- De Laurentiis loves gold, rose gold that is. Her affinity for the chic metal can be seen as soon as guests step into the entry way, where they will be greeted by a hand blown, rose gold tinted chandelier, which not only lights the room but serves as an art piece. Rose gold can also be seen in the hand-selected dishware and lining the custom-made dessert cart.
- Family Touches- GIADA will feature framed family portraits and a selection of movie posters from De Laurentiis’ grandfather, Dino De Laurentiis’ career. De Laurentiis even paid tribute to her late grandfather by naming several specialty cocktails after movies he produced, such as the Jane Fonda classic Barbarella, that are crafted with ingredients inspired by and reflective of the stories themselves.
While these are just a few highlights of what guests will experience at GIADA, all elements from the food and décor to the atmosphere will provide guests with the feeling that they are in De Laurentiis’ home and dining with the celebrated chef.
De Laurentiis is proud to be a part of the Las Vegas culinary community and wants all guests to feel as though they are members of her family, including the locals. So much so, she created a special phone number for locals to call for information on the restaurant and to make reservations. That local line is 702-667-1799.
GIADA is set to debut at The Cromwell just in time for summer, and will be open daily for lunch and dinner and a private dining room space will be available for larger parties. For additional information on GIADA and The Cromwell, visit www.TheCromwell.com.
Emmy Award-winning celebrity chef and New York Times best-selling author Giada de Laurentiis will open her first-ever restaurant just in time for summer at The Cromwell – the new Las Vegas boutique hotel operated by Caesars Entertainment. Located on the bustling corner of one of the city’s most energetic intersections, her self-titled restaurant, GIADA, will be the cornerstone of the 188 room and suite hotel. The second-story locale will extend out over the sidewalk below, offering the most sought-after views in the city. GIADA will embrace DeLaurentiis’ Roman heritage, mirroring her passion for Italian cooking with vibrant Californian influences. The restaurant, lounge and terrace will seat nearly 300 guests featuring modern designs offset with warm undertones and pops of color. Upon entering the space guests will feel at home with aromas of delicious breads baking and living-room style furniture. An antipasto bar will also be a first for Italian eateries on the Strip. An open and airy kitchen will set the space apart giving guests the opportunity to watch chefs prepare the specialty pasta of the day, create beautiful flatbreads and bake divine desserts while taking in the breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip.
ABOUT CHEF GIADA DE LAURENTIIS
Emmy Award-winning, globally renowned celebrity chef, television personality and New York Times best-selling author, Giada De Laurentiis brings her extensive culinary background to her new restaurant. De Laurentiis cultivated her staple Italian cuisine in the kitchen of her grandfather’s restaurant and later commenced her culinary career at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Since her debut in 2002, De Laurentiis has become one of the Food Network’s most recognizable faces, starring in many TV shows, “Everyday Italian,” “Giada At Home,” “Giada’s Weekend Getaways,” “Giada in Paradise: Capri, Santorini, Monaco and Thailand,” and the highly popular series, “Food Network Star.” She is also a correspondent on NBC’s Today, where she highlights current trends in travel, cuisine and lifestyle. De Laurentiis is the author of seven cookbooks, all of which have charted on the New York Times best-seller list, along with her recent releases: Giada De Laurentiis’s Recipe for Adventure: Naples!, Paris!, and Hong Kong! the first three books in a new children’s chapter book series that transports readers to famous food cities around the world, with the fourth book, New Orleans! coming soon; and Giada’s Feel Good Food, a collection of Giada’s secrets for staying fit and her healthy recipes. Her culinary empire continues to expand with the opening of her first restaurant, at The Cromwell. De Laurentiis currently resides in Los Angeles with her husband Todd and daughter, Jade.