VIP passengers boarded the world’s tallest observation wheel shortly before midnight and enjoyed a vantage point 550 feet above the Las Vegas Strip when the wheel was halted for the fireworks display. Passengers were also treated to champagne during the trip during the High Roller’s inaugural New Year’s celebration.
The Las Vegas High Roller opened on March 31, 2014.
Click on the photos in the photo gallery to see larger images. Photo Credit: © Erik Kabik/ Kabik Photo Group
About The LINQ Promenade & High Roller
Caesars Entertainment is redefining the iconic Las Vegas skyline with The LINQ Promenade, an open-air shopping, dining and entertainment district, anchored by the world’s tallest observation wheel, the Las Vegas High Roller. Named as the “Best thing to do on the perfect weekend getaway in Las Vegas” by Condé Nast Traveler, The LINQ Promenade and High Roller features more than 30 unique retail, dining and entertainment venues and plays host to a variety of special events, festivals and more. Located at the heart of the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, the 550-foot tall High Roller, recently voted as one the top places to take a selfie by Travel + Leisure, is the focal point of the unique urban entertainment district and has proven to be a top location to spot celebrities. The wheel’s 28 glass-enclosed cabins feature an interactive experience including video and music that fade away to unveil spectacular views of the famed resort city in the 30 minutes it takes to complete one full revolution. Each cabin accommodates up to 40 people. Cabins are available for individual or group experiences.
Expert High Roller Tips:
- Stop by the gift shop at the base of the wheel and pick up a fun souvenir.
- Save time and park at the The LINQ’s convenient valet. The LINQ’s valet is adjacent to the High Roller ticket area. Drive east on Flamingo Road (away from the Strip), turn left on LINQ Lane. It’s just before The LINQ’s back entrance.
- If you’re all about sightseeing, book your ride right at sunset or nighttime. Also, previous riders say that standing at the right side of the cabin offers the best views. You decide.
- The High Roller’s wheelhouse sells drinks at the bar. Or, you can rent an entire cabin and have your own bartender on board!
- Stick around. The LINQ promenade offers everything musical acts at Brooklyn Bowl to amazing drink specials at Yard House.