Honey Salt, the local neighborhood hot spot from hospitality visionaries Elizabeth Blau and Chef Kim Canteenwalla, is benefiting Three Square Food Bank in more ways than one as the charity is also the beneficiary of the final Summer of Love menu giving patrons two weeks to support (Summer of Love dinner menu runs August 18-22; see www.honeysalt.com/sol for more details).
In its eighth year, Three Square Food Bank’s Fall Las Vegas Restaurant Week gives restaurants in the community the opportunity to give back through culinary arts. Honey Salt is proud to participate in the Fall Las Vegas Restaurant Week August 22 – 28, 2014 with the following menus:
- First Course (choice of): Farmer’s Toast (crushed avocado, radish, carrots, shaved fennel, grilled wheat bread and green goodness juice); or Turkey Meatballs (alta cucina tomatoes, caramelized onions, bellwether farms ricotta).
- Main Course (choice of*): Biloxi Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich (creamy slaw, house durkee’s dressing, brioche roll, chopped salad); or Beehive Smoked Cheddar Grilled Cheese (cheesy truffle fondue, rustic sourdough and sweet corn soup).
- Dessert (choice of*): Triple Strawberry Shortcake (fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, santa Barbara strawberry ice cream and mascarpone cream); or Brookie (chocolate chip cookie meets chocolate fudge brownie with salted caramel chunk ice cream).
- Cost is $20.14 per person. Tax and gratuity not included.
- First Course (choice of): Elizabeth’s Caesar Salad (Tuscan kale & romaine, black garlic dressing, parmesan; or Burrata & Heirloom Tomato (figs, balsamic, extra virgin olive oil).
- Main Course (choice of): Mary’s Free Range Brick Oven Chicken (mac ‘n’ cheese with kale & anaheim peppers, natural jus); or Roasted Halibut (grilled summer salad, basil aioli).
- Dessert (choice of): Triple Strawberry Shortcake (fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, santa Barbara strawberry ice cream and mascarpone cream); or Brookie (chocolate chip cookie meets chocolate fudge brownie with salted caramel chunk ice cream).
- Cost is $40.14 per person. Tax and gratuity not included.
Since 2007, more than 2.5 million meals have been provided for those in need through funding obtained during Restaurant Week. Today, Three Square feeds nearly 100,000 men, women, children and seniors each month. With the community’s support during restaurant week, Three Square gets closer to its goal of feeding the 360,000 people in need in Southern Nevada. All proceeds from Restaurant Week remain in Las Vegas and help Three Square in its fight to end hunger in Southern Nevada.
ABOUT HONEY SALT
Honey Salt is located on the Westside of Las Vegas at 1031 S. Rampart Blvd. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dinner is served 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (until 9 p.m. Sunday and Monday). A limited menu is available daily from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Brunch is served Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For reservations and more information, visit www.honeysalt.com.
ABOUT RESTAURANT WEEK AND THREE SQUARE
Las Vegas Restaurant Week began in 2007 as a way to give locals and tourists the opportunity to help out by dining out. This year marks the third annual Spring Las Vegas Restaurant Week and the eighth annual Fall Las Vegas Restaurant Week, each featuring a variety of fine dining offerings at prix-fixe prices across the valley. Proceeds from Restaurant Week benefit Three Square, Southern Nevada’s only food bank. Three Square currently provides more than more than 30 million pounds of food and grocery product – the equivalent of more than 25 million meals – per year to more than 600 Program Partners including non-profit and faith-based organizations, schools and feeding sites throughout Southern Nevada. Three Square is a member of the Feeding America network of food banks. For additional information visit www.threesquare.org or www.helpoutdineoutlv.org.