In response to requests from loyal diners and neighbors, Executive Chef/Partner Gina Marinelli has announced she will reopen La Strega for curbside pickup orders only during the COVID-19 quarantine, beginning Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
Orders will be taken over the phone at (702) 722-2099 and available from 2-7 pm Tues-Friday only.
The opening pick-up menu will include select guest favorites including the Roma Crunch Caesar Salad (with croutons, grana padano & caperberries), Mark Fine’s Salad (arugula, grana padano, pine nuts & lemon): Spaghetti Pomodoro, Wild Boar Rigatoni Bolognese, Lobster Spaghetti Arrabbiata, Linguine All’amatriciana; and Margherita, Spicy Pig & Schiacciata (proscuitto cotto, aged provolone, oregano) pizza. Vegan options will be available upon request.
Wine & beer from the La Strega cellars as well as some imported waters and Italian sodas will also be offered in sealed bottles.
In addition, Chef Gina and team will offer a four course Family Meal for four people including a salami or cheese board; choice of large salad; choice of four housemade lasagna options–Quattro Formaggio (Chef Gina’s family recipe)/ Spinach, Ricotta, Fontina & Bechamel/ Braised Pork or Pomodoro & Ricotta; and for dessert, a fun fill-your-own cannoli kit with all the trimmings, for $65 complete. The family meal option will change weekly.
“We just wanted to try to provide a little bit of normalcy for our community during difficult times,” said Marinelli, “and support our loyal diners and staff.”
Of primary importance in this quarantine service was ensuring sanitary and safe conditions for patrons. To this end, the La Strega team have adopted a strenuous multi-point checklist of practices that meet & exceed all SNHD requirements including:
- All premises have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District standards and CDC guidelines.
- All goods received and stored also undergo thorough sanitation procedures.
- All employees and management hold SNHD certification, and are observing social distancing practices.
- Employees change into fresh uniforms & shoes before starting their shifts & wash hands for at least 20 seconds at a minimum every 15 minutes–between every guest exchange for all food prep.
- When handling food or beverage, all employees wear single use gloves; changing them after each guest interaction.
- All food & beverage for delivery is tamper-proof sealed.
- Check presenters and pens are all sanitized for each guest interaction. No cash accepted.
- Increased frequency of sanitizing all workstations using single use sanitary towels. No one but certified employees are allowed in the work areas during service.
- No employee, regardless of symptoms or diagnosis is allowed to work if feeling ill.
- Food can be brought to customer’s cars for a contact-free delivery.
La Strega plans to return to regular service and hours at such time as authorities determine it is safe to do so.
About Chef Gina Marinelli & La Strega
Chef Gina Marinelli pulls her inspiration from a lifetime of culinary experience. With grandparents from Lake Como and Sicily, Marinelli started her journey with food in her family’s kitchen. From those early days, she went on to hone her skills with some of the best chefs in the industry, including Scott Conant, Michael Mina, and Shawn McClain. La Strega, meaning “witch” in Italian, is fueled by Marinelli’s desire to captivate her guests and take them on a very personal adventure across Italy. Inspired by the colors of the Italian countryside, La Strega’s decor features silvery greens, sun-bleached clays, and earthy tones. The intimate dining room boasts a mix of Italian marbles, velvet seating, and eclectic accents, with the open kitchen serving as the focal point. Diners will be front row as their meal is prepared in a sparkling marble and copper masterpiece. Across from the showcase kitchen, the cocktail bar will feature a completely custom glass facade from Sicis, a Ravenna, Italy-based glass company. Just outside the doors, guests will find the Loggia, where they can enjoy al fresco dining and cocktails. Featuring traditional plaster interiors with warm lighting, the space houses a “witch’s garden” designed by Marinelli to cultivate produce and herbs for La Strega’s seasonal dishes.
LA STREGA 3555 S TOWN CENTER DR STE 105, LAS VEGAS, NV 89135 (702) 722-2099