Last night, several of the most well known rap artists performed inside The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas for the Legends of Hip Hop show. Check out the FULL photo gallery by Erik Kabik below.
The Legends of Hip Hop took over The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas on August 2, 2014. Fans got to relive the nostalgia of the ’90’s hip-hop scene with some of the top names in the business, including Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, DMX, EPMD, Black Sheep, Rob Base, Slick Rick and Naughty by Nature. The Legends of Hip Hop hit-making artists served as the trailblazers of the genre and were responsible for spawning some of hip-hop’s most successful chart-burners. Fans can look forward to hearing classics like “It Takes Two” and “Joy & Pain” by Rob Base along with “O.P.P” from Naughty by Nature.
Legends of Hip Hop About the Event
An all-star cast of entertainers gather together each year for the Legends of Hip Hop event. Every year, fans can expect to get a glimpse of some of the greatest representatives of the hip-hop genre. This year’s event took you back to the 90s when tunes like “O.P.P.” and “Just a Friend” saturated the airwaves.
Legends of Hip Hop The Artists
Gathered under one roof at this year’s Legends of Hip Hop event were talented artists: DMX, Rob Base, Slick Rick, Naughty by Nature, Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, EPMD and Black Sheep.
- DMX is recognized for his top-selling album, …And Then There Was X and has sold more than 30 million records globally.
- Rob Base is responsible for “It Takes Two,” the platinum catchy hip-hop tune he developed with the late DJ E-Z Rock.
- Slick Rick has been billed as “hip-hop’s greatest storyteller” with songs like “Behind Bars” and “Children’s Story” mirroring his famous narrative style.
- Who can forget “O.P.P.” by Naughty by Nature. Serving as the anthem for pop culture during the 90s, “O.P.P.” seemed to turn up everywhere, including on TV shows like My Wife and Kids and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Big Daddy Kane’s hit songs include: “Raw,” “Warm It Up” and “Ain’t No Half Steppin.'”
- Biz Markie will certainly deliver his hit single, “Just a Friend.”
- EPMD, aka Erick and Parrish Making Dollars, is responsible for hits like “Strictly Business” and “You Gots to Chill.”
- Black Sheep is best known for their smash hits, “Flavor of the Month” and “The Choice Is Yours.”
Legends of Hip Hop Concert Experience
In today’s music scene there are more variations on the main genres than ever before, so no matter what style or sound you prefer most, chances are good that there’s a genre out there meant just for your tastes. Hip-hop music today is one of the most popular styles of music available, as it has seen massive surge in popularity in recent years through much evolution and practically rules the airwaves. Hip-hop music is currently at its peak in both popularity and quality, with the hip-hop music scene as a whole touting some of the biggest artists that the rap world has ever seen. Thanks to artists like Biz Markie and Black Sheep dominating the hip-hop scene with an iron fist in terms of quality and popular music, there are so many other coveted artists out there, with more emerging every day, that it’s a great time to be a fan of hip-hop music.
While listening to any of your favorite rap artists at home or on the go is always enjoyable, nothing can truly compare to the awesome feeling of seeing them take to the stage live and in person. Hip-hop artists always have a way with capturing the audience’s attention and getting them psyched for every hit, and with their kinds of talents, that’s always a great thing. Hip-hop artists captivate their crowds in a different way, as they usually include intense lyrics and narratives or stellar effects to complement their live rapping skills.