Lotus of Siam will temporarily close tomorrow, July 14, 2020, for dine-in service due to the continued outbreak of COVID-19 in Las Vegas, co-owner Penny Chutima has announced today.
While this closure is indefinite, they plan to reopen for curbside pick up and delivery service at the Commercial Center location beginning next Monday, July 20. The location on Flamingo Rd. remains closed for renovations.
“Out of concern for our guests and staff, we feel this is the smartest decision to make right now,” said Chutima. “It isn’t the easiest choice, but we think it’s the right choice.”
Lotus of Siam has been a leader in exceeding all mandated practices throughout the pandemic, including:
- Training staff on all safety & sanitation
- Training management on contact tracing
- Contract tracing of all staff and families
- Temperature and symptom checks of all staff and diners
- Reduced table seating
- Precise reservation times, with parties kept off premises until ready to be seated
- Regular sanitizing of all dining and food prep surfaces
- Kitchen staff wearing approved masks and gloves. Waitstaff wearing hospital-grade protective face shields
- Highest standard air filtering throughout the dining room and kitchen areas
- Extensive safety measures for pickup and delivery food packaging
- And more
About Lotus of Siam
Since 1999, Chef Saipin Chutima and her family have owned and operated the world-renowned Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas, NV. Chef Saipin’s cooking revolves around the Northern Thai recipes passed down from generations of her family, distinctive from Bangkok style for its palette of herbs and spices, coconut-less curries and hand-cut noodles.
Praised by a parade of respected food critics and industry leaders from Jonathan Gold to Anthony Bourdain, Padma Lakshmi, and Ming Tsai, Chutima’s accolades include the coveted James Beard award for Southwest Region Chef. She is widely credited for popularizing Northern Thai in the US, while the Lotus wine program, under the supervision of her husband Bill, has won equal praise, winning the Wine Spectator Restaurant Award for nearly two decades. Now operating two popular Las Vegas locations, Lotus of Siam continues to pursue excellence and industry leadership with original recipes, quality sourcing, and responsible practices.
For reservations or more information go to their website.
Lotus of Siam is currently located at 953 E. Sahara Ave. Ste A5, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104