Lotus of Siam co-owner Penny Chutima has announced the official reopening of the award-winning Thai restaurant’s original Commercial Center location.
Set for May 20, the restaurant led by Chef Saipin Chutima will reopen following extensive safety protocols that meet and exceed the directives set by the State of Nevada and the Southern Nevada Health District.
Some of the many protocols the Lotus of Siam team are undertaking include:
- Table seating reduced by 50% to allow for proper social distancing
- Reservations taken via the Lotus of Siam app, with precise times assigned
- Text service alerting diners when their table is ready, to avoid crowding at the entrance
- All staff will regularly perform 30 second hand sanitizing, sanitize all dining surfaces between each dining party, and cleanse all surfaces, tableware, menus etc. with sanitizers meeting the highest EPA/FDA standards.
- All staff will undergo retraining of all safety measures and best practices.
- All staff will be screened regularly for any symptoms.
- All kitchen staff will wear approved masks and gloves. All waitstaff will wear hospital-grade protective face shields.
- Highest standard air filtering throughout the dining room and kitchen areas
- Extensive safety measures for pickup and delivery food packaging
“We have put a lot of time and effort into ensuring the best protective measures for both our staff and diners,” said Chutima. “Despite the conditions, I know my mother and the whole team are excited to return to our original home and committed to providing the best service ahd highest quality dishes for our guests.”
Lotus of Siam marked their 20th year of operations at the end of 2019. Renovations on the restaurant were completed just before the state of Nevada declared the Covid-19 quarantine on March 17. Currently the second location at 620 E. Flamingo Rd. is undergoing renovations, to be completed imminently.
About Lotus of Siam
Since 1999, Chef Saipin Chutima and her family have owned and operated the world-renowned Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas, NV. Chef Saipin’s cooking revolves around the Northern Thai recipes passed down from generations of her family, distinctive from Bangkok style for its palette of herbs and spices, coconut-less curries and hand-cut noodles. Praised by a parade of respected food critics and industry leaders from Jonathan Gold to Anthony Bourdain, Padma Lakshmi, and Ming Tsai, Chutima’s accolades include the coveted James Beard award for Southwest Region Chef. She is widely credited for popularizing Northern Thai in the US, while the Lotus wine program, under the supervision of her husband Bill, has won equal praise, winning the Wine Spectator Restaurant Award for nearly two decades. Now operating two popular Las Vegas locations, Lotus of Siam continues to pursue excellence and industry leadership with original recipes, quality sourcing, and responsible practices.
Lotus of Siam is currently located at 953 E. Sahara Ave. Ste A5, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
For reservations or more information go to their website.