Oscar’s Steakhouse inside the Plaza Hotel & Casino has unveiled new dinner and bar menus that continue the restaurant’s award-winning tradition of offering delicious entrees and handcrafted cocktails, all inspired by friends and family of former Las Vegas mob attorney and Mayor Oscar B. Goodman.
The restaurant also debuted Oscar’s “Black Book” that provides Oscar’s Steakhouse own personal back stories for the names of individual dishes.
The dinner menu still offers longtime favorites like Johnny Quinn’s Crab Cake and Joey C’s Filet Mignon, but it now touts a dozen new and refreshed items, such as:
- No Nose’s Mob Meatballs – a fresh take on the meatball appetizer combines a triple blend of veal, beef and pork with onions and a specialty Italian seasoning. They are served with red sauce, ricotta and micro basil.
- Nick & Cork’s Italian Market – this upgraded dish features Creminelli charcuterie from Utah, including freshly sliced salami, prosciutto and capicola paired with domestic cheeses such as Point Reyes Blue and Cypress Grove Midnight Moon Gouda. Accompaniments include a Mediterranean olive mix, quince spread and ciabatta crostini.
- Benny B’s Roasted Bone Marrow – this new appetizer is topped with homemade herb butter and demi glaze then roasted until golden brown. It is served with grilled bread and a lemon, caper, shallot and parsley salad.
- Charlie Moose’s Thick Cut Grilled Bacon – this new appetizer features a double cut pork belly grilled with a homemade jalapeno honey glaze.
- Bobby K’s Roasted Beet Salad – this new salad includes red, yellow and candy cane beets served with goat cheese, arugula, candied pecans and a honey vinaigrette.
- Big Chris’ Osso Bucco – a new entrée that is a traditional serving of braised veal cooked for hours in aromatic vegetables, white wine, Italian herbs and vine ripened tomatoes. It is served over polenta and topped with an herb gremolata.
- Fat Herbie’s Wild Mushroom Soup – a new homemade mushroom stock soup served with a touch of cream.
- Joe Pig’s Pork Chop – the popular smoked bone-in pork chop entrée is now stuffed with a wild mushroom duxelles and finished with an apple bourbon demi-glace.
Defendant cocktail July 2018In addition, Oscar’s lounge has unveiled a new cocktail menu highlighting the bar’s commitment to handcrafted libations. The Hizzoner, known as “What the Mayor Drinks,” is still a signature cocktail featuring Bombay Sapphire gin and jalapeno. The updated menu offers a variety of new cocktails such as Defendant (Bourbon, Bauchant liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, bitters), Q 1908 (Empress gin, lemon juice, simple syrup), and Sazerac (Rye Whiskey, bitters, Absinthe, simple syrup).
About Oscar’s Steakhouse
Named after former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman, Oscar’s Steakhouse is a glamorous and uniquely Las Vegas steakhouse inside the iconic dome of the Plaza Hotel and Casino that overlooks the lights of Fremont Street and downtown Las Vegas. Oscar’s features perfectly aged steaks cooked over a 600 degree grill and accompanied by high-quality, made-from-scratch sides. Oscar’s also offers a wide variety of delicious, hand-crafted cocktails, including martinis, the former mayor’s signature drink. Reservations are recommended by calling 702-38-OSCAR or 702-386-7227 or online at www.oscarslv.com.