Red Lobster, the world’s largest seafood restaurant, is introducing its first new menu since becoming a private company in July.
The menu is designed to appeal to true seafood lovers by bringing them new lobster-based entrees, new and improved signature combination dishes and more seafood variety. All of the menu items are now presented in a new, redesigned format celebrating Red Lobster’s core strength – bringing guests freshly prepared, quality seafood at a broad range of prices.
Red Lobster created the new menu based on direct feedback from guests who indicated they wanted to see more seafood options and dishes that allowed them to enjoy lobster in a variety of preparations.
“Lobster isn’t our middle name, it is our name. That’s why with this menu we introduced a variety of new, craveable lobster-based dishes,” said Salli Setta, President, Red Lobster. “We put it all together in a newly redesigned menu that is more visual and organized in a way that helps guests choose from all the seafood options we have to offer.”
New Lobster Dishes
Guests can now enjoy lobster on virtually every page of the menu, across a broad range of meal occasions and price points. New dishes include:
- NEW! Wood-Grilled Lobster Tacos: Three flour tortillas stuffed with lobster meat, cilantro slaw, jalapeno ranch and house-made pico de gallo, served with wild rice pilaf.
- NEW! Lobster Scampi Linguini: Six ounces of succulent Maine lobster meat over a bed of linguini in a white wine and garlic scampi sauce.
- NEW! Roasted Maine Lobster Bake: A 100% lobster entree with three petite Maine lobster tails, split and roasted with sweet corn on the cob and baby gold potatoes in a white wine and garlic-butter sauce.
New & Improved Signature Combinations
For guests who love a combination of different seafood preparations all on one plate, Red Lobster created new and improved Signature Combinations:
- NEW! Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Salmon: A Maine lobster tail, jumbo shrimp skewer, the largest ever on the permanent menu, and fresh Atlantic salmon, all wood-grilled, finished with brown butter and served over green beans and baby gold potatoes.
- IMPROVED! Ultimate Feast®: Tender Maine lobster tail, steamed North American snow crab legs, and nearly 50% more shrimp in the garlic shrimp scampi and Walt’s Favorite Shrimp served with wild rice pilaf and a choice of side.
In addition, Red Lobster will offer a new appetizer featuring on-trend flavors, giving guests even more seafood variety from which to choose.
- NEW! Crispy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps: Crispy shrimp tossed in soy-ginger sauce topped with jalapenos and served with fresh lettuce cups.
“These new dishes represent our commitment to serving our guests great seafood and providing an experience that’s better than ever,” said Danielle Connor, SVP of Menu Strategy & Development, Red Lobster. “Whether guests visit Red Lobster for a weeknight dinner or to celebrate something special, we now have a variety of delicious lobster options at a broad range of price points to satisfy their seafood cravings.”
An Updated Design and New Menu Format
Guests will also experience a new, streamlined menu format that features an updated design with Red Lobster’s iconic lobster logo and appetizing food photography. The layout of the menu also helps the guest experience by presenting menu items in the way guests typically order – with new, special promotions and the award-winning Today’s Fresh Fish menu in the front, followed by drinks, appetizers, entrees, desserts, and special sections like Lunch and LighthouseSM Selections with dishes under 600 calories.
National television advertising focused on the new menu options will begin on November 3rd and communicate the range of options to guests. Other marketing will include campaigns on the restaurant’s digital and social media platforms.
Guests are invited to share their love of the new menu online on Red Lobster’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. To view the complete Red Lobster menu, find a restaurant location or to join the Fresh Catch Club, visit Red Lobster’s website.
ABOUT RED LOBSTER
Red Lobster is the world’s largest seafood restaurant company, headquartered in Orlando, Fla., with an impressive heritage and an even brighter future. As a private company, owned by Golden Gate Capital, Red Lobster is focused on delivering freshly-prepared seafood at reasonable prices served in a lively, contemporary seaside atmosphere. With 58,000 employees in over 700 restaurants in the U.S. and Canada, and a growing international footprint, Red Lobster is more committed than ever to being not just the biggest seafood restaurant, but the best. To learn more, visit www.redlobster.com.