The RiSE Lantern Festival Mojave elevates hope, ignites dreams, and creates memories you will never forget. Because, every dream needs a voice.
Haven’t heard of RiSE before? Check out the video below and some F.A.Q’s
RiSE elevates hope, ignites dreams, and creates memories you will never forget. It’s a centuries-old idea that’s both simple and powerful. Thousands of lanterns, each representing a hope, a dream, a new leaf, or a forgotten wish coming together to form something beautiful.
Your lantern means something unique to you. But together they give a collective voice to our dreams and challenges in a beautiful display—and one unforgettable evening.
RiSE – Mojave begins at sunset on Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014.
Your individual assigned seating section comes with a yoga mat (yours to keep), two sky lanterns, and one ground torch used for lighting the sky lanterns.
- 4:30 – 5:15 – Shuttles departing from The Rio Hotel and Casino
- 5:00 – 5:45 – Shuttles departing from Gold Strike Casino.
- 5:15 – 6:15 – Arrival window for participants.
- 6:15 – 7:30 – Personalize your lanterns, live music by Joshua James, enjoy some great food, and relax.
- 7:30-7:40 – First launch of lanterns in unison.
- 7:40-8:45 – Lantern releasing will continue. Because your ticket comes with two lanterns and the lighting of each lantern requires a group of 2-4 people, you’ll have the chance to help launch multiple lanterns.
- 8:45-9:00 – Finale.
- 9:00-11:00 – Shuttles back to vehicles.
RiSE is a traditional lantern festival that brings people together, so they can rise a little higher.
To purchase your ticket for the event, visit risefestival.com/buy-tickets.
ARE THE LANTERNS BIODEGRADABLE? – The lanterns are 100% biodegradable. They will recover 100% of the lanterns plus any additional litter they find in the landing area as part of their commitment to leaving no trace.
CAN I BRING MY OWN SKY LANTERNS? – To keep you and the environment safe, they only allow approved RiSE sky lanterns into the festival. If you want additional lanterns, you can purchase them at the event.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER? – In the event of rain or strong sustained winds, they will have a rain-check event the following night. In the unlikely event that inclement weather continues, they will cancel the event. Unfortunately they cannot issue refunds if the event is cancelled.
IS PARKING AVAILABLE? – There is no parking available at Jean Dry Lakebed. Parking will be available at the Gold Strike Casino (about 5 miles from the venue), and The Rio Hotel and Casino. From there, shuttles will transport participants to the RiSE venue where they will have a short 10-15 minute walk. There is a $10-$20 shuttle fee (depending on location).