If you haven’t been to Las Vegas for New Year’s Eve before, be prepared for road closures and to see virtually all of Las Vegas Blvd… closed. To car traffic that is. If you’re on foot, you’re fine.
So, if you’re looking to drive down the Strip, exit the I-15 freeway onto the Strip, or even cross the Strip Eastbound or Westbound (except for the Desert Inn Arterial), think again.
Road Closures for New Year‘s Eve on the Las Vegas Strip
Should you need to get around ANYWHERE near the Las Vegas Strip, the following streets will remain open: Koval Lane, Russell Road, Frank Sinatra Drive, Sahara Avenue, and Desert Inn Road.
Road Closures Downtown
Allowing for the entertainment set-up, the Fremont Street Experience will be closed from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. It will re-open at 6 p.m.
Road Closures Las Vegas Blvd.
- At 5 p.m., Nevada Highway Patrol will close the off ramps from I-15 onto eastbound Tropicana Avenue, Flamingo and Spring Mountain roads.
- At 5:45 p.m., all other streets, roads and alleys leading westbound onto Las Vegas Boulevard between Sahara Avenue and Russell Road from Koval Lane will be closed.
- At 6 p.m., all streets, roads and alleys leading onto Las Vegas Boulevard between Sahara Avenue and Russell Road will be closed.
- At 6:15 p.m., Metro Police traffic officers will begin clearing vehicle traffic off Las Vegas Boulevard between Sahara Avenue and Russell Road.
- At 6:30 p.m., all inbound roads leading onto Las Vegas Boulevard will be fully closed to traffic.
- At 6:30 p.m. all moving walkways, elevators and escalators leading to or crossing Las Vegas Boulevard will be shut off.
- At 6:30 p.m., Las Vegas Boulevard will open to pedestrian traffic.
- From 12 a.m. to 12:15 a.m., a fireworks show will take place on the Strip and Fremont Street.
Las Vegas Blvd. Re-Openings
- At 12:15 a.m., all moving walkways, elevators and escalators leading to or crossing Las Vegas Boulevard will resume operation.
- At 1:30 a.m., all celebrations will end and barricades will be removed.
- At 2 a.m., street sweepers will begin clean up, working from south to north.
- At 3:30 a.m., off ramps from I-15 onto eastbound Tropicana Avenue, Flamingo and Spring Mountain roads will re-open. All other streets leading onto Las Vegas Boulevard from Sahara Avenue and Russell Road will re-open.
More important than the road closures and re-opening is that we want you all to be safe. Yes, have fun, but be safe.
From All of Us at Travelivery, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!