With all the buzz about how the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) is bad for you, I thought I’d tell you about the good things you can have at Starbucks.
Stand in any line at Starbucks and you’ll hear most people ordering things like a caramel mocha with a blueberry scone, or a white chocolate mocha with a raspberry swirl pound cake. If you add up the calories in these items, you’ll realize that not one of those orders added up to less than 900 calories. On top of that, most of those calories are from sugar.
But, not too worry. Everything at Starbucks isn’t bad. It just that a lot of people order some of the most calorie laden products they have. If you really check out the menu, you’ll see that Starbucks actually has quite a few things on it that are pretty good for you.
Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t take the time to look at the menu, so they tend to order the first thing that they see when ordering. Which isn’t always the healthiest option. I’ve done this myself too.
Wanting to eat AND drink healthier, I checked out the menu and decided to make a post about which items are the best ones to get. Just like everything else, the key is moderation. To be a healthy person, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy normal activities. It just means you need to learn what to order.
Below you’ll find 3 Starbucks Snacks and Drinks:
- Grande Chai Latte – If you get this with nonfat milk, it’ll be 210 calories. Unfortunately, it still has a lot of sugar. Make sure to go with the 16oz size. Or as Starbucks calls it, a Grande.
- Teavana Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea – If you want a great metabolism booster and natural detoxifier, go for green tea. This drink draws from natural peach flavors and real cane sugar. It’s only 80 calories.
- Espresso Con Panna – Trick your senses into thinking you’re splurging by getting this drink. It’s a shot of espresso, with a small amount of whipped cream, giving you a total of 60 calories. If the whipped cream is made with corn syrup, you may not want to get this all the time. But, if your drink of choice is a mocha, you’ll have a similar indulgent feeling while saving 400 calories.
- Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Bowl – Full of good-for-you foods, you’ll find grilled chicken, black beans, jicama, and quinoa in this bowl. It has only 360 calories, but gives you 19 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber.
- Greek Yogurt and Berry Parfait – This tasty parfait will satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you natural probiotics, 14 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber.
- Chicken & Hummus – Have this bistro box as a big snack or small meal. It has 20 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and only 270 calories.
We all make choices in what we consume each day. If you want to eat healthy, even in a “fast food” environment, it is possible.
Starbucks Corporation, doing business as Starbucks Coffee, is an American global coffee company and coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 23,305 stores in 65 countries and territories, including 13,049 in the United States, 1,909 in China, 1,555 in Canada, 1,089 in Japan and 927 in the United Kingdom. – Wikipedia