The Golden Tiki’s creator/partner Branden Powers and head mixologist Adam Rains have a serious case of the jumpin’ jiminies and have front-loaded June with all kinds of jammin’ activities (all at The Golden Tiki unless noted):
- Throughout June, The Golden Tiki will offer a special cocktail benefitting No Kid Hungry. The special cocktail created by Rains features Papa’s Pilar Blonde Rum and Organic Mixology (OM) Liqueurs’ meyer lemon & ginger and is available in a randomly selected tiki mug from the private collection of “OMbassador” Moniek Pullen and her husband, fellow mixologist Anthony for $30 (without mug, $12). A kickoff party for the campaign takes place June 3rd at 9 p.m.
- June 8th, Rains will be hosting and tending bar from 5 p.m.-10 p.m. at Libertine Social, teaming up with co-owner Tony Abou-Ganim for a “Tiki Takeover” with three unique cocktails all featuring Appleton Rum. The drinks will remain available throughout the month.
Shrunken head madness continues with no less than three heads being unveiled (all 9 p.m.):
- June 5th will honor beloved bald radio personality Chet Buchanan whose show on 98.5 KLUC has been a favorite since it’s 1999 inception and awarded “Best of Las Vegas” by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, and whose yearly toy drive does incredible work for underprivileged kids.
- June 10th, award-winning editor, writer, and media producer Melinda Sheckells will receive her very own shrunken head and hair!
- Lastly, the late and great Ernest Hemingway will be honored with his own shrunken head on June 16th in conjunction with two Papa Pilar rum specialty cocktails.
- June 12th at 9 p.m. will see the long-awaited debut of award-winning chef Sheridan Su’s menu. Highlights include Chef Sheridan’s famous Pork Belly Bao, Cracker Jack’d, The Gilded Weiner, Mermaid Lisa’s Hot Lil’ Tots, Vegan Char Siu Tofu Bao, Sticky Fingers, Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts, a stunning PuPu Platter, and Dole Whip Sundae Fundae. More event details to be released.
- Lastly (we hope!) June 24-30th is Negroni Week, and The Golden Tiki is keeping it fresh with a Dole Whip Negroni for $12 also benefiting No Kid Hungry.
About The Golden Tiki
Located in Chinatown, Las Vegas, The Golden Tiki is a journey to a wondrous land where boundaries are only limited to one’s imagination. The vision of Managing Partner Branden Powers, The Golden Tiki has spared no expense in recreating the classic mid-century tiki bar, reminiscent of Don the Beachcomber and Trader Vic’s storied establishments. Powers’ experience in the Tiki world dates back 20 years to the Islands lounge in San Diego’s Hanalei Hotel.
The handcrafted cocktail menu features nostalgic classics and new creations, alongside a massive list of rum selections and craft beer. Featuring the work of renowned artists including Tiki Bosko, Billy the Crud, Bill Collins and Oceanic Arts, the one-of-a-kind decor also boasts a unique collection of celebrity ‘shrunken heads’ and myriad artifacts, real and fanciful.
Accolades for The Golden Tiki include Top 5 Tiki Bars In The Country (Food Network), Ten Best Nightlife Destinations In Las Vegas (USA Today), Best Tropical Drinks In Las Vegas (Trip Savvy), Top Drinking Destinations In Las Vegas (Virgin Holidays), Best Bar, Readers’ Choice 2018 (Las Vegas Weekly) and Best of The City nods from Desert Companion and Vegas Seven.
Open 24 hours a day, The Golden Tiki offers a multitude of experiences and can host private parties up to 145 people. For more information, visit thegoldentiki.com or call 702.222.3196.