- The Mirage resort will reopen its doors on August 27.
- The Mirage closed on March 17th due to COVID-19.
- Read more Travelivery Las Vegas stories on our homepage
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) (“MGM Resorts”) announced that its iconic The Mirage resort will reopen its doors on August 27.
“As we have slowly and thoughtfully reintroduced our properties across the country, we have placed the health and safety of our guests and employees first at all times,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ CEO and President. “Reopening The Mirage allows us to bring many more of our employees back to work, which is critical in the recovery of our community.”
MGM Resorts’ comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan” is a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. The full plan can be reviewed on their website. The company continues to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks, and COVID-19 specific training
- COVID-19 testing for employees as they return to work in partnership with the local medical community
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks. Complimentary masks are provided, to guests, as needed
- A physical distancing policy has been implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers have been installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on casino floors
- Contactless Check-In through the MGM Resorts App allows hotel guests to go through the check-in process on their personal devices, minimizing interactions
- Guestroom Attendants wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and change gloves between guestrooms
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers are utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus are available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the company’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests receive text message notification when their tables are ready
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. For a full listing of amenities that will be available, please visit their website. Complimentary self-parking is available for guests; valet parking will not be operational at this time.
About The Mirage
The Mirage is the original Vegas mega-resort, a Four Diamond award-winner located center-Strip with its iconic volcano welcoming you to a paradise of 24-hour action. The rooms at Mirage include the exclusive Mirage Serenity Bed by Sealy®, feather down pillows and comforter, 42-inch LED television, iHome®, and office chairs designed to provide maximum support and flexibility.
For guests looking for a bit more space and privacy, The Mirage offers a number of suites, penthouses, Lanais, and Villas. Suites at Mirage come with the latest in technology and amenities. The Lanais & Villas feature more privacy, including personal putting greens, luxury, full-size beauty amenities, and complimentary extras.